Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Player 4

Okay, here's a little musical something that is doing the rounds. I think it's most unfair I only get to add 3 new items, but I'll give it my best shot. My three are at the end. There are a few I would consider deleting but I'm not that cruel...

Anything to advocate listening to entire albums in the age of mp3s is worthy of my support. Now, pass it on!

[Edit note: Player 1 has now changed the instructions, here is the new improved version!]
----
Instructions:

1. Copy the list and the instructions on to your blog.

2. Put in bold the ones you have listened to (completely from begining to end)

3. Add three more albums that you think people should have heard before they turn into their parents - remember, it isn't necessarily your most favourite albums but the ones you think people should listen to... and when we say listen we mean from track one through to the end.

4. Make yourself the NEXT player number. For example, if you found this in a blog posted by Player 4, you would then post it in your blog as Player 5, with a mention back to Player 4's blog. And so on and so on.

5. Please put a link to where your list is (your blog post) in the comments of the site where you found it so the chain will be trackable. (However, if you wish to take the idea and quietly begin to spread it on your own blog without tracking back to the person before you, I suppose we can't stop you! ;) )

6. You are also allowed to DELETE up to THREE albums on the existing list, if you feel that this is an album which should not reasonably be foisted upon anybody. (Mary's note: It is not mandatory to delete anything, merely an option. You can have a growing list, if you prefer.)

The original list of albums came from www.mazrywords.blogspot.com**********************************

The List, by Player 4 (orfeo):

No More Shall We Part - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
From the Choirgirl Hotel - Tori Amos
Grace - Jeff Buckley
OK Computer - Radiohead
Happenstance - Rachael Yamagata
O - Damien Rice
Michigan: Greetings from the Great Lake State - Sufjan Stevens
Full Moon Fever - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
London Calling - The Clash
The Soul Cages - Sting
Madman Across The Water - Elton John
S&M - Metallica
Rockin The Suburbs - Ben Folds
Crash - Dave Matthews Band
Unity - george
World Without Tears - Lucinda Williams
Daybreaker - Beth Orton
After The Gold Rush - Neil Young
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco
By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers
... And Justice For All - Metallica
Aenima - Tool
The Wall - Pink Floyd
Tidal - Fiona Apple
Boys for Pele - Tori Amos
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
The Rainy Season - Marc Cohn
The Seeds of Love - Tears for Fears
Echolalia - Something for Kate


4 Comments:

At 4:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Yay for playing!

2. See the thing about linking (it's more of a link-to than a link-back) at C's blog. I just commented there.

3. Part of the fun for me now is guessing which 3 albums everyone will choose to add. I had your picks COMPLETELY PEGGED! (I only was somewhat unsure about The Rainy Season, but it was the definite maybe that joined the other definite definites.)

4. I fully expected you to BE CRUEL and delete something. LOL

5. See my question for you at C's blog, also. (What/who/how to do from this point? Someone needs to take it from YOU.)

 
At 12:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, orfeo, I'm just letting you know that I set up the reference point of origin for the list at my blog.

Uh, sorry to be a pain, but I modified the instructions just a tad to make them more clear.

When you get a chance will you edit your post here and copy/paste the new instructions in? Everything from the word "Instructions" up to and including where it says "the original list of albums..."

Your list as you have it is, of course, just fine.

Thanks. :~)

PS- are you still doing the Tori countdown song thing? (or did you end already because of the delayed release of the album there?) What 3 songs today, if so? You know I'm nosy about these things. ;P

 
At 5:14 am, Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for the fix. *thumbs up*

I'm listening to Echolalia today. This, I hope, will contribute to me not turning into my mother. Heh.

?

Ahem: Player 5, anytime now. Anytime!

 
At 3:51 am, Blogger Steve said...

Player #5 has now entered the game.

Please follow this link for the new and improved list!

Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home