Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Angels are everywhere

The moments when you feel part of something bigger are very special.

I can't even begin to explain the emotions that led to yesterday's blog entry in the 20 minutes or so I have available right at the moment. Half the problem with them (the emotions) is that they are extremely complex and I am trying to choose which conversations out of dozens playing in my head to actually carry out, and in what order. A "conversation" with readers of this blog, symbolising the world in general, is only one of the options and not one I am confident in embarking on as the first in the series.

But the motivations for that post have become swept up in something bigger and both darker and more radiant, in someone else's life.

At more or less the same time as I was writing, a friend was going through a crisis that makes my current ordeals seem pretty small. From the moment I finished writing, I found myself longing for that same friend to read that one line I had written.

I selfishly thought this was for my benefit, and maybe it was in part. God is quite big enough to be capable of sending messages in more than one direction with the same words. But I also now know that there was a reason for having that friend on my heart, and specifically for longing to hear from her. I also know that God sent numerous messages her way at the same time, to show how much he loved her. Some of the messages were written, some verbal, and at least one was an object. "My" message was one of unlooked for empathy.

The number of things that had to come together for that moment to happen - to keep it to the most proximate causes: my depression, my motivation to write about it in such an oblique way, my desire to even start a blog, her knowledge that this blog exists (I haven't advertised its existence widely) - are more than I can comprehend or would dream to design.

As a human being, I would plan to take the most direct action possible, but I can only be in one place at a time. Which is more believable, that a series of small random events could 'conspire' to rescue someone from a terrible moment of darkness, or that a divine being acted to save one of his children?

3 Comments:

At 2:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Which is more believable, that a series of small random events could 'conspire' to rescue someone from a terrible moment of darkness, or that a divine being acted to save one of his children?"The 2 of us reading this think the latter is most believable. In fact, it's all we can believe right now.

Thank you, from us.

♥ ....

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger Mary said...

I don't think I will ever get tired of reading this.

Thank you again.

 
At 5:23 am, Blogger Mary said...

A year gone by now.
And She's (still) not sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home