Saturday, March 05, 2005

Night terrors

There's no way I'm going to sleep properly now.

I knew a new house would hold interesting discoveries but this is too much. My partially operational alarm system, for which I have no key and a PIN number which sent it into some weird mode 2 weeks ago I can't get out of, sprang to life of its own accord, flashing and beeping. I was literally ready to flee the house, terrified the whole thing was going to go off (and of course without a working PIN I couldn't shut it off if this happened).

And you know what caused this? My WASHING MACHINE.

I feel slightly better knowing this was the cause (and I'm certain - dammit, the flashing and beeping only occurred during the wash and rinse cycles), but I had adrenaline rushing through my bloodstream for about 12 minutes continuously (ie, a wash cycle). In that time I had rung an alarm monitoring company (not mine, I don't have one yet) and tried to explain through rising panic what was happening. I rang the same guy back later to tell him the cause and he said "that is bizarre".

Quite.

Excuse me while I peel myself off the wall I was climbing.

2 Comments:

At 4:03 pm, Blogger Mary said...

See, doing laundry is bad for you. ;P

Ok, not doing it is far worse for you. LOL

That IS bizarre, though.

While you were being scared up a wall by the effects of your washing machine on your alarm system, my dryer was meeting its final death (we just resurrected it from one death, you might remember) at the hands of one BLACK INK UNI-BALL PEN that released its ammunition all over the LOAD OF WHITE LAUNDRY I had in there tumbling.

Nice to wake up to. Especially before I've had coffee.

Sigh. We'll be shopping for a new dryer this weekend. Oh, and if anyone knows of an art school that might want to teach a course on "black spin art in a dryer", let me know. We've got a dryer to donate.

Hope you get the alarm/washer thing sorted out. You need your restful sleep, dear orfeo. ;) ♥

 
At 4:04 pm, Blogger Mary said...

PS- I should have blogged my little rant at my own blog, huh?

duh. (Sorry)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home