Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The lens effect

The mere existence of this blog is causing me to think of things to write in it.

Today it seemed that every time I had a strong emotional response, it was accompanied by a little thought - "I could write about this". In the time I was at work I felt anger, disappointment, frustration, elation (this, I hasten to add, was not the direct result of any of the work I was doing), compassion and love. Those are just the ones I can remember. And each time, it seemed potential fodder for the blog.

I'm vaguely wondering whether this will continue once the novelty value wears off. Maybe there's some time in the future when I will be struggling to find things to write about, because there doesn't seem to be anything new. Instead of trying to restrain myself from writing about every little detail, I might be staring at a blank white box on the screen praying that something worth saying will magically appear there.

Only time will tell.

Meanwhile, I've managed to fill yet another post with thoughts about the process, instead of actual content. That's 4 of my first 5 blog entries that are essentially about blogging. I can't decide if that's terribly clever of me - writing so much while saying so little about myself - or just damn annoying for the reader. You tell me.

I did decide there was one thing to write about today though. Next post. Or, thanks to the layout, previous post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home