Sunday, December 26, 2004

"And in this moment I am happy"

Good song lyrics can sum up so many things, thank you Incubus...

It's Boxing Day. I'm home alone, having just passed an opportunity to walk around the lake with family. My best friend is back in town but has gone to someone else's house for the afternoon and I don't have the phone number. There's nothing much happening.

And I am completely fine with that. No, scratch that, I'm enjoying it.

I seem to be learning to be happy in all sorts of different circumstances, and to appreciate that life has a variety of moments. This is, in my humble opinion, a very good thing. Especially as I'm probably going to be alone a lot more often in the near future (see the "Sold" post a couple before this one).

Alone and lonely are two completely different things and they don't actually seem to happen at the same time very often at all. I would argue that an attack of loneliness is usually more acute when you're in the midst of a large number of people. Right now I'm alone but not lonely.

I shall enjoy the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home