Thursday, December 23, 2004

Sold

As of yesterday, I am committed to buying a house.

There are still parts of my brain that cannot wrap around this fact, even though it's over three weeks since I initially made an offer on the place that was accepted. Everything since then has been paperwork, double checking and mental probing. I didn't find any reason to not go through with it, other than a basic desire to regress as far back into childhood as possible and not deal with the prospect of being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt like the rest of the adult world.

Adult western world anyway. I'm thinking there are people in some so called 'third world' countries that don't have a lot, but no-one expects them to pay huge amounts of money to have a roof over their head.

Of course, their houses probably don't include DVD players or grand pianos either.

I don't fully own the house until early February '05. So now I have plenty of time to ponder over what I'm going to DO with the place once its mine. Host dinner parties? Plaster the walls with photos I took on my overseas holiday four years ago? Garden??!

Sit there all alone and post to my blog...?

Stay tuned for more lifestyle developments as they come to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home