Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Leonardo's angel

I have come to the conclusion that Cate Blanchett is one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

It's all in the eye of the beholder of course, but it seems to me that she appears beautiful not only because of her physical qualities but her personal ones. She was interviewed on Australian television last night by the man who strikes me as the best interviewer around, and it was a thrilling meeting of minds. But no matter who's interviewing her, Cate always comes across to me as a person who has a perfect mix of gravitas and enjoyment of life, sincere but not too serious. I think it's the deep, rich voice that draws me in. And she is one hell of an actor to boot.

I'm slightly disappointed that she is happily married with two young children, but I can't have everything.

In the course of the interview a few of the descriptions of her (physical) beauty were referred to. Apparently someone once compared to Leonardo da Vinci's painting of an angel. The instant that was said, I recognised which painting they were talking about and saw the resemblance. Wow.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home